C++ Developers (infotainment systems)
How much is it in net?
The swiss-owned company has been recently founded, and the development centre is (going to be) in Budapest. (The nice new office is ready, waiting for you, and it is still very empty.)
The founders have been working in the automotive industry for quite a long time, and they have been working with Hungarian software developers for quite a long time too, so there was no question about where to put the development centre. The main clients, the so-called Tier-1 automotive suppliers, are partly Italians and partly Americans. The software – incorporated into the luxury cars – should be built upon their systems.
Develop infotainment systems for Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Maseratis and Formula 1 cars and connect these with the car’s software platforms through APIs. Port these applications to different car types or customize existing solutions. Some of the applications need to be developed from scratch, like the radio, the telemetric systems, or air-conditioning and some of them are 3rd party apps like the navigation system. Also the mobile phones of the drivers need to be integrated, too.
It is especially awesome, that you can create not only touchscreen, but sound- and gesture-driven apps, so you can be very creative! It is an amazing opportunity if you love the world of computer vision, sound files, sensors and microcontrollers!
If you have already worked in the automotive segment, then this will be a relief for you, because you will not have to adjust your work to Autosaar and the likes, and you can get an entire development task from A to Z, not only a small segment. MISRA and GENIVI will still be the automotive standards you should learn and use.
- Strong C/C++ skills with Linux environment experience.
- Solid computer science basics. (Is it possible to work with C++ without it?)
- Qt knowledge, if you prefer to work on the UI, and it is an advantage, if you know the Kanzi framework, if not, you will learn it.
- Willingness to travel, valid passport and independency.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills (in English), because you will need them when coordinating about the platform and the SDK.
- Friendly and smiling attitude – yes, you really have to work with international teams, and you should love the international environment!!!
Home office is possible, and the brand-new team means that you can have an influence on shaping the team culture.
At the beginning, you should learn the platform, which means 1 or 2 weeks of training in Italy, and meanwhile you will get to know and communicate with the developers of the Client.