(Functional) Senior Software Engineer
How much is it in net?
Our client is one of the fastest growing, most recognized fintech startups globally and is the market leader in developing distributed ledger technology applied to the market infrastructure and financial services sector. Backed by leading financial institutions, infrastructure providers and financial software providers, the company is delivering enterprise-grade solutions for post-trade services. They are also at the stage to expand to other market areas too, so they are not “just finance”. Other than Budapest they have dev offices in Zürich and NY, but they are concentrating to create a sizeable office here too.
They are strongly concentrating on functional languages (Scala and Haskell), you can find contributors to these languages among their ranks, so it’s a rare opportunity to get on the same team as them and working on a product that’s key in the transformation of maybe several industries.
- Design/write/deploy high quality code in the application development team for the biggest smart contract project globally
- Contribute to the development of a distributed ledger technology innovation and an open source language development
- You will handle complex algorithmic tasks and should deliver them in a timely manner in an Agile environment
- You will write sample code and solutions for the company’s open sourced technology and assist the community with best practices – but you’ll get to use probably Java or Scala, so you are not limited to this language
- 5+ years software development experience with a strong delivery focus – but if you are an ambitious and high performing mid senior developer you are still welcome
- Experience with at least 1 JVM based language (Java, Scala, Kotlin) and knowing at least the concept of functional programming (but having work experience is preferred)
- Deep passion for robust and reliable software and working on quality solutions with lasting impact
- Being able to work in a globally distributed team and communicate effectively (if you want to have a trip to work with/meet the others personally in your team, that’s supported)
- Bsc, Msc or PhD preferably in but not limited to computer science.