Senior Frontend Engineer
How much is it in net?
USD 1500 annual conference budget + Medicover health insurance and services + Weekly English lessons + Generous hardware and software allowance
About our client
It is a privately owned American company. The Budapest team was created by acquiring a small tech firm with a similar product. The aim is to increase the number of employees, scale up operations and focus more on Enterprise clients.
Teams have lots of autonomy and room to play with ideas and experiment, as innovation is part of the company’s identity. They are flexible and demand flexibility, i.e. startup mindset with lots of conflicts and unworked-out practices. They strongly advocate “discussing” and keeping these conflicts on the topic level. The company is competing in an industry which is very new. This means there will be lots of changes and it is impossible to know what is going to be the best practice or industry standard in the future.
About the product
The company offers a coding error monitoring tool with smart solutions which frees up significant time and thus enables software developer teams (clients) to focus on their product development. The solution is giving developers intelligent information about their code and coding habits. Over 100,000 developers use the product, including some of the best engineering teams in the world, as Twilio, Salesforce, Zendesk, Uber or Twitch.
The service monitors application crashes, groups the ones caused by the same error and provides real-time alerting. It is integrated into the engineering environment of the clients and has a dashboard to visualize information and help debugging. It is also integrated with other DevOps monitoring, alerting and ticketing systems to help the developer workflow. It focuses on bugs in the whole lifecycle and not just in production. The aim is to incorporate ever more intelligent solutions by monitoring thousands of errors in different code bases. The product is a self-service offering, however there is a support team to assist clients. It is a cloud native, SaaS product, getting transformed to microservices.
Their technology stack is:
- Frontend: React, Webpack, Sass
- Backend: Python, Node.js, Scala
- Database: MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached, Spark
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Kafka, Terraform, Ansible, Consul, CircleCI
About the team
The ‘intelligence’ team, led by the founder of the acquired Hungarian company, consists of fullstack and data engineers, and now they are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the growing team to develop frontend components for their complex data-oriented product.
- Work on the frontend of the web application developed especially for the users, where they can admin their own customized configurations.
- Work with product managers, designers, and other developers to ship user-facing features.
- Occasionally help in the development of backend features as well.
- Mentor engineers on up-to-date frontend technologies and best practices.
You have the following tech skill set:
- Some Python knowledge is an advantage;
- Agile methodologies;
- It is a plus, if you have experience in developing UX and data-oriented user interfaces or data visualizations.
Due to the current situation, all interviews will be conducted online, via video conferencing tools. If these are successful, reference checks will be conducted, so one ex-manager and one ex-team member’s phone availability should be provided.