Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) – Kotlin, React, Ruby
How much is it in net?
Employee share option
Our American client develops e-learning products, which are probably known by many teachers and corporate training and HR managers. They are worldwide market leaders in their field and have a strong presence in Hungary as well. These products are used for creating and managing online courses and materials. They are appropriate for developing interactive video contents or following the progress of the students, while measuring the pace and the effectiveness, too. From now on, Hungarians will be more than just users: the company has opened a brand-new development centre in Budapest.
What it all means, is that you can be a member of the firsts! A founder! (Without officially founding a real company, of course.) You can have a voice in how things are going to work here in Hungary, and you can be a part of the establishment of the company with a characteristic culture. At the beginning, the new Hungarian teams will help the work of the American teams, and later on they will develop independent functions/features for the products.
The Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) position
is for you, if you want to work on the employee engagement and development software of the company. The product consists of three parts: learning management, performance management and practice. There are functions for customizable learning, interactive video learning, on-demand content, assignments to groups, skill assessment and development etc. The product is a SaaS solution, hosted in the cloud and it also has a mobile version.
In this position, you will need to take part in the design of the product and perform coding tasks as well. The current product is already available on the market, but the 80% of the planned functions are not ready yet. All the team members will be senior developers at the beginning.
- You are not an “evangelist” of a particular technology, you have a generalist mindset
- Strong knowledge of Full Stack development technologies
- Experience in Kotlin or Java (or willingness to learn Kotlin)
- Spring Boot experience
- Ruby on Rails experience (or be open to learn it)
- React or Angular experience (but they are using React)
- Rest API
- Cloud-based environments, preferably AWS and maybe you have already worked on an SaaS product
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- It is an advantage if you are a master in online communication and you can work smoothly with team members very far from you
- Fluent English is a must.