Software Engineer in Test (SET)
How much is it in net?
Employee share option
Our American client develops e-learning products, which are probably known by many teachers and corporate training and HR managers. They are worldwide market leaders in their field and have a strong presence in Hungary as well. These products are used for creating and managing online courses and materials. They are appropriate for developing interactive (video) contents or following the progress of the students, while measuring the pace and the effectiveness too. Another product of theirs is for employee development, measuring performance, planning careers, enabling knowledge sharing and trainings and so on. From now on, Hungarians will be more than just users: the company has opened a brand-new development centre in Budapest.
What it all means, is that you can be a member of the firsts! A founder! (Without officially founding a real company, of course.) You can have a voice in how things are going to work here in Hungary, and you can be a part of the establishment of the company with a characteristic culture. At the beginning, the new Hungarian teams will help the work of the American teams, and later on they will develop independent functions/features for the products.
They have just started to build up the QA team, so we are looking for new colleagues into this group, for both mobile and web platforms. You will work on all the products of the company, so the work will be very diversified.
The Software Engineer In Test position
is for you, if
- you want to develop test frameworks in the 50% of your time and to do tests in the other 50%;
- you have software developer experience (in any programming language);
- you know the tools like Espresso, Earl Grey, Watir, Selenium, XCTest, etc., since frameworks are connected to languages, and they are needed to be tailor-made and complemented, while defining their building blocks, thus the testing infrastructure should be developed;
- you have experience in web and/or mobile app QA, and you want to continue to work in these fields (there will be separate mini teams for web and mobile app QA);
- you would really like to work with different methodologies within one team, while sharing knowledge and teaching one another;
- you do not keep your questions and doubts for yourself, but you share your opinion on actual tasks and problems;
- you are fluent in English and you enjoy working with Americans, who are easy-going, but take their jobs seriously.
The QA is a separate department in the company, its work is very important. All the team members will be very experienced in their fields of expertise, they do care about it. Really. You will have the possibility to dive into new fields, which have not been part of your repertoire so far. Your work will be diversified, since the testing team is not related only to one product.