Support Engineer (L2)
How much is it in net?
hardware allowance + vested share package
A fast growing fintech startup and the market leader in developing distributed ledger technology applied to the financial market infrastructure and services sector. They are building mission critical systems with their own smart contract language (which is open source). Other than Budapest they have development offices in Zürich, New York and Sydney. The Budapest office will establish a support section and they are looking for the first person now. The Sydney and New York offices already have support members. The reason for opening this position is to cover all time zones. Globally there will be 7-8 people in the team. They provide 24/7 global support for paying customers, and self-help solutions for their open source community. The support operation is following ITIL principles.
- Help building the support environment including writing automation scripts.
- Migrate knowledge from software engineers and learn the products to the core.
- Develop dashboards.
- Do research on available tools.
- Handle incoming tickets, requests or events.
- Communicate with clients regarding tickets.
- Develop knowledge management resources, such as articles, how-to descriptions and so on.
- Take part in change management and problem management.
- Escalate code level problems to L3 (software engineers).
There will not be an L1 function in the team, as L1 level problems should be solved by the clients automatically, however, these self-help solutions are still in development.
Work will be in normal working hours with 1 or 2 on-call weekend shifts per month.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience, mostly spent in an application support, infrastructure or closely related roles.
- Experience with ITIL and with ticketing systems, preferably with Zendesk.
- Scripting language skills (Shell, Bash, Perl) or Python to be able to write automations.
- Ability to read code, preferably in Java/Scala.
- Familiarity with relational databases, basic level of SQL.
- Knowledge of cloud services and containers is a plus.
- Fluent English is a must.
- BSc or MSc degree is preferable.
- EU citizenship is required.