Technical Support Engineer aka Superhero
How much is it in net?
hardware allowance + vested share package
A fast-growing company and the market leader in developing distributed ledger technology applied to different sectors, e.g. financial market infrastructure and services, logistics, healthcare and environmental protection. They are building mission critical systems with their own functional language, which is open source and compatible with several platforms. Other than Budapest they have development offices in Zürich, London, New York, Sydney and Hong Kong. The support team is also distributed globally, in order to cover all time zones (Budapest – New York – Sydney). They provide 24/7 global support for paying customers, and self-help solutions for their open-source community. The support operation is following ITIL principles.
The company culture is very open, supportive and flexible with transparent processes, and with many opportunities for professional learning and carrier development. Everybody appreciates each other’s work, and they are generous with appraisals.
- Help building the support environment including writing automation scripts and configuring CI/CD tools.
- Migrate knowledge from software engineers and learn the products to the core.
- Develop dashboards.
- Do research on available tools.
- Handle incoming tickets, requests or events, and document them for further conclusions.
- Communicate with clients regarding tickets.
- Develop knowledge management resources, such as articles, how-to descriptions, user guides and so on.
- Take part in change management and problem management.
- Escalate code level problems to L3 (software engineers).
Currently there is no L1 function in the team, as L1 level problems should be solved by the clients automatically, however, these self-help solutions are still in development. Due to the actual business growth, a L1 team is planned to be set up in Hong Kong.
Work will be in daytime hours with occasional on-call weekend shifts.
- Minimum 5 years of IT work experience, e.g. in application support, infrastructure, tool development or DevOps.
- Scripting language skills (Shell, Bash, Perl) or Python to be able to write automations.
- Ability to read code, preferably in Java/Scala.
- Familiarity with Linux, REST APIs, Git and relational databases, basic level of SQL.
- Experience with ITIL and ticketing systems is an advantage. (They are currently switching from Zendesk to Salesforce.)
- Knowledge of cloud services and containers is a plus.
- Fluent English is a must.
- BSc or MSc degree is preferable.
- EU citizenship is required.