Engineering Site Leader
The company is among the fastest growing, most recognized fin-tech startups globally and is the market leader in developing distributed ledger technology applied to the market infrastructure and financial services sector. Backed by leading financial institutions, infrastructure providers and financial software providers, the company is delivering enterprise-grade solutions for post-trade services.
The Hungarian office came through the acquisition of a local startup in 2014, currently having 9 people on board. We are searching for a leader to develop the Budapest site and grow with it.
The Engineering Site Leader (Budapest) is a highly skilled software engineering leader who possesses the professional maturity and organizational skills necessary to develop, guide, and recruit a team of high performing engineers. This is a “hands-on” leader who regularly contributes to both high and low level technical Platform discussions and code base. This person brings experience and expertise in building commercial, mission critical, enterprise grade software. This individual will have demonstrated success in building and leading teams, mentoring teammates, and harnessing the strengths of individuals to create highly complementary, optimized teams. This person is adept at working effectively and collaboratively with distributed partner teams located across multiple time zones.
- Further strengthen Budapest’s engineering depth by augmenting the team with essential experience developing enterprise grade, mission critical software solutions for institutional clients.
- As “player/coach,” provide clear direction and model the best ways of working to deliver high quality code efficiently and at pace.
- Ensure complete connectivity and alignment of development goals, deliverables and timelines between the Budapest office and other teams in a globally distributed model.
- Make significant contributions to the platform design and specifications.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer, with at least 5 years building, developing and leading a globally distributed development team.
- Proven history of delivering high-quality, increasingly complex, commercial software products to a global market.
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience delivering mission-critical technology to the enterprise software market using Agile methodologies.
- Polyglot with a strong command of at least 3 functional and/or non-functional programming languages, such as Java, Scala, Haskell etc.
- Strong commercial orientation with a deep passion for customer-driven design and development throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Offers a collaborative approach to the team, that factors, embraces and insists upon diverse perspectives as a strategic imperative.
- Open, strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually.
- A natural leader who builds productive and effective relationships across the organization.
- Continuous growth mindset with strong disposition toward innovation and intrapreneurial ways of working.
- Courage of convictions with a high degree of humility. Embraces constructive feedback and is resilient.
- Strong leadership presence. Able to represent the company within the local developer community.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, or related discipline.
This position directly reports to the CTO of the company, located in New York.