(Functional) Senior Software Engineer
Is one of the fastest growing, most recognized fintech startups globally and is the market leader in developing distributed ledger technology applied to the market infrastructure and financial services sector. Backed by leading financial institutions, infrastructure providers and financial software providers, the company is delivering enterprise-grade solutions for post-trade services. They are also at the stage to expand to other market areas too, so they are not “just finance”. Other than Budapest they have dev offices in Zürich and NY, but they are concentrating to create a sizeable office here too.
They are strongly concentrating on functional languages (Scala and Haskell), you can find contributors to these languages among their ranks, so it’s a rare opportunity to get on the same team as them and working on a product that’s key in the transformation of maybe several industries.
- Design/write/deploy high quality code either in the platform or app development team
- Work in a globally distributed team and communicate effectively (if you want to have a trip to work with/meet the others in your team, that’s supported)
- You will handle complex algorithmic tasks and should deliver them in a timely manner in an Agile environment
- 5+ years software development experience with a strong delivery focus – but if you are an ambitious and high performing mid senior developer you are still welcome
- Polyglot with a strong command of at least 3 functional and/or non-functional programming languages, such as (but not limited to) Java, Scala, Haskell, Python, TypeScript
- Strong commercial orientation with a deep passion for customer-driven design and development throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, or related discipline.
- Lead experience is a plus.