Senior Data Engineer
Mennyi a nettója?
1500 USD éves konferencia-költségkeret + Medicover egészségügyi biztosítás és szolgáltatások + heti angolórák + hardver- és szoftvervásárlási költségkeret
About our client
It is privately owned American company. The Budapest team was created by acquiring a small tech firm with a similar product. The aim is to increase the number of employees, scale up operations and focus more on Enterprise clients.
Teams have lots of autonomy and room to play with ideas and experiment, as innovation is part of the company’s identity. They are flexible and demand flexibility, i.e. startup mindset with lots of conflicts and unworked-out practices. They strongly advocate “discussing” and keeping these conflicts on the topic level. The company is competing in an industry which is very new. This means there will be lots of changes and it is impossible to know what is going to be the best practice or industry standard in the future.
About the product
The company offers a coding error monitoring tool with smart solutions which frees up significant time and thus enables software developer teams (clients) to focus on their product development. The solution is giving developers intelligent information about their code and coding habits. Over 100,000 developers use the product, including some of the best engineering teams in the world, as Twilio, Salesforce, Zendesk, Uber or Twitch.
The service monitors application crashes, groups the ones caused by the same error and provides real-time alerting. It is integrated into the engineering environment of the clients and has a dashboard to visualize information and help debugging. It is also integrated with other DevOps monitoring, alerting and ticketing systems to help the developer workflow. It focuses on bugs in the whole lifecycle and not just in production. The aim is to incorporate ever more intelligent solutions by monitoring thousands of errors in different code bases. The product is a self-service offering, however there is a support team to assist clients. It is a cloud native, SaaS product, getting transformed to microservices.
Their technology stack is:
- Frontend: React, Webpack, Sass
- Backend: Python, Node.js, Scala
- Database: MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached, Spark
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Kafka, Terraform, Ansible, Consul, CircleCI
About the team
The “core engine” team consists of fullstack and data engineers, and they need a new member, who helps them transform the data – collected from clients – into code, based on the algorithms and models.
- Transform the data – collected from clients – into code, based on the algorithms and models and thus, develop the core engine software of the product.
- Work on the UI of the web application developed especially for the users, where they can admin their own customized configurations.
- Ask relevant questions about the existing release of the product and its workings, analyze the precise nature and content of the user data collected to see opportunities or determine missing or suspicious parts.
- Mentor engineers on up-to-date backend and frontend technologies and best practices.
You have 7+ years of experience in software development and/or data engineering. You have been working with large data sets, modern big data infrastructure and tools. You are fluent in English and you preferably have a MSc degree in Computer Science. It is a great plus, if you are interested in AI, ML, Neural networks, etc.
You have the following tech skill set:
- Python, React;
- Interest in functional languages is an advantage;
- Some or all of these: SQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, MongoDB etc.;
- Agile methodologies;
- It is a plus, if you have experience in any of the following technologies and areas:
- Tensorflow/Pytorch or other ML tools, Spark, Kafka, Akka, Pyramid and APIs;
- developing data-oriented user interfaces or data visualizations;
- developing in a data analytics or machine learning environment.
Due to the current situation, all interviews will be conducted online, via video conferencing tools. If these are successful, reference checks will be conducted, so one ex-manager and one ex-team member’s phone availability should be provided.