Senior Product Designer
Mennyi a nettója?
1500 USD éves konferencia-költségkeret + Medicover egészségügyi biztosítás és szolgáltatások + heti angolórák + hardver- és szoftvervásárlási költségkeret
About our client
It is a privately owned American company. The Budapest team was created by acquiring a small tech firm with a similar product. The aim is to increase the number of employees, scale up operations and focus more on Enterprise clients.
Teams have lots of autonomy and room to play with ideas and experiment, as innovation is part of the company’s identity. They are flexible and demand flexibility, i.e. startup mindset with lots of conflicts and unworked-out practices. They strongly advocate “discussing” and keeping these conflicts on the topic level. The company is competing in an industry which is very new. This means there will be lots of changes and it is impossible to know what is going to be the best practice or industry standard in the future.
About the product
The company offers a coding error monitoring tool with smart solutions which frees up significant time and thus enables software developer teams (clients) to focus on their product development. The solution is giving developers intelligent information about their code and coding habits. Over 100,000 developers use the product, including some of the best engineering teams in the world, as Twilio, Salesforce, Zendesk, Uber or Twitch.
The service monitors application crashes, groups the ones caused by the same error and provides real-time alerting. It is integrated into the engineering environment of the clients and has a dashboard to visualize information and help debugging. It is also integrated with other DevOps monitoring, alerting and ticketing systems to help the developer workflow. It focuses on bugs in the whole lifecycle and not just in production. The aim is to incorporate ever more intelligent solutions by monitoring thousands of errors in different code bases. The product is a self-service offering, however there is a support team to assist clients. It is a cloud native, SaaS product, getting transformed to microservices.
Their technology stack is:
- Frontend: React, Webpack, Sass
- Backend: Python, Node.js, Scala
- Database: MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached, Spark
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Kafka, Terraform, Ansible, Consul, CircleCI
About the team
The “intelligence” team, led by the founder of the acquired Hungarian company, consists of fullstack and data engineers, and they are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the growing team to help design and build the next generation of developer tools. He/she will be responsible for a wide range of design activities across product and engineering and get to make a real impact on the way people perceive and interact with the product.
- Perform research and analysis on product experience, technologies, and competitors for strategic improvements.
- Conduct regular qualitative and quantitative research to understand user segments and behaviour.
- Observe and analyze complex problems, question assumptions, and conceptualize solutions quickly.
- Create personas, user journey maps, information architecture models, wireframes, prototypes, design artifacts, etc.
- Design user interfaces and experiences for existing and new products across devices.
- Communicate insights and product design decisions clearly to stakeholders and team members.
- Continually evaluate shipped features over time, synthesize and report findings, and propose iterations.
- Drive projects from discovery, ideation to delivery in a collaborative manner with Product and Engineering team.
- Work with Product Managers to translate problems and conceptual ideas into requirements.
- Collaborate with design lead in SF on improving and implementing design process.
- Collaborate with design lead and front-end engineers on developing and maintaining design systems.
- Establish a strong design culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocating for the customers and user-centered design practices.
- 5+ years professional experience in an individual contributor role or in a Product Design team for a desktop web app.
- A portfolio of recent UX/UI works that demonstrates proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, data analysis, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design and usability testing.
- Strong discovery and design workshop skills as a facilitator.
- An intuitive eye for customer needs and competitive opportunities beyond the obvious.
- Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve.
- Ability to collaborate and take direction in a dynamic environment and to assume ownership of design challenges.
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, InVision/Figma, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Some knowledge of HTML, CSS (ideally using a preprocessor such as Sass).
- It is a plus, if you have experience in implementing Design Systems and/or designing for motion graphics.
- Strong illustration skills and writing/editing skills are also welcome.
- Fluent English is a must.
Due to the current situation, all interviews will be conducted online, via video conferencing tools. If these are successful, reference checks will be conducted, so one ex-manager and one ex-team member’s phone availability should be provided.